On Valuing TIME

" Time, time... just when we're starting to think that we have it, a fraction has been gone "
- A.F.V. Morales

"What day is May 5?...how 'bout May 13?". My unending recall of deadlines and activities gave me the urge to refer to a calendar. Being in the middle of a jeepney ride, I resorted to a pocket calendar which I remember I had from a shop in SM. To my dismay, the calendar was of no use. It was 2008, still crisp from being kept long on a wallet section... Funny, I said to myself, it seems like I had this last January 2010. It was an instance again that I really felt TIME passing so quickly... Have I taken for granted the nonchalant onset of it? I wondered. What have I done all these years?
I esteemed teaching very late. It was only six years ago. I juggled my MA classes, earned Summer units in Education and took the Licensure Examination in a span of 3 years. I hopped in three universities during a time between that. The feeling of not wanting to pause in the midst of needing and wanting to gasp for air was there but I thought, not NOW...
A high-school classmate I met told me that a classmate died of cancer last year. She was a mother of three. I mused on whether she had "fulfilled her goals in life"...
There are times I realize the "race". There is a race and the flag in the finishing line is waiting to be waved. Life is short, and the remaining time left is what I value so much. Crying over spilled milk is a waste of it.
Just when all these thoughts came, a call resonated from somewhere inside the jeepney, "Para lang... para!". I then realized I was already near my destination. Is life like this? When do we realize that we have taken much of time or less of it? Is it when destiny is already an arm-stretch away?

Comments

Denise said…
" Time, time... just when we're starting to think that we have it, a fraction has been gone " - A.F.V. Morales
very true sir. and i did feel guilty for wasting time at times. :/ we don't know how much time there is left for us,so dapat talaga ivalue.thanks for this post sir. :)

Popular posts from this blog

On Teaching Japanese Language

LEARNING

Ph.D. Calling